[Tutor] constructing semi-arbitrary functions

"André Walker-Loud <walksloud@gmail.com>" walksloud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:56:37 CET 2014

On Feb 19, 2014, at 7:45 PM, André Walker-Loud <walksloud at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK - I have not seen an email from Peter.
> So I looked up the thread online, and see I did not receive half the emails on this thread :O
>
> My first inclination was to blame my mac mavericks mail gmail syncing problem.  but logging into gmail, I see no record of the emails there either.
>
> I currently receive the tutor emails in the digest mode - thought I was paying attention to all the digests - but I seems to have missed many.
>
> I apologize to all those who offered input whose emails I missed - I certainly wasn’t ignoring them.

and as a follow up - is there a way to download a thread from the tutor archive?
I am guessing the answers are one of
1) write a python script to grab the emails associated with the threads from the web
2) download the whole gzip’d text and use python to grab only the parts I want

but 1) I haven’t done that before and unfortunately don’t have time to learn now
2) some combination of being too busy and lazy prevents me from this option…

cheers,

andre