[Tutor] Beginner - explaining 'Flip a coin' bug

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Feb 12 23:44:01 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:30:22PM +0000, Neil Cerutti wrote:

> > Perhaps it is time for you to give up on whatever tool you are
> > using to read this mailing list, or at least to change your
> > assumption when you see a contentless message from "Original
> > poster didn't send email" to "I can't see the email".
>
> This is also a USENET newsgroup, where attachements are not a
> thing.

Not officially :-)

There may be unofficial mirrors of this mailing list on Usenet, but
officially (according to python.org) it is a mailing list. The canonical
source and archive for this is here:

There are other unofficial mirrors, e.g. here:

http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-tutor/99298/

and gmane.comp.python.tutor, which by the way shows Marc's post in full,
all four of his plain text, HTML, and two .py parts, AND the plain text
footer added by the mailman software.

Of course attachments are "a thing" in Usenet. One of the reasons so few
ISPs offer News services these days is because of the *huge* volume of
attachments on binary news groups. Any news client that can't at least
*receive* attachments is a major failure.

--
Steven