[Tutor] Is there an easily or shorter way?

Ken G. beachkidken at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 01:43:02 CET 2014

On 12/15/2014 04:45 PM, Danny Yoo wrote:
>> As a side note: if we were to talk about how we'd do this in a
>> professional context, I think we'd recommend a library such as
>> "humanize", which has functions to go from numbers to human-friendly
>> string descriptions.
>>
>>      https://pypi.python.org/pypi/humanize
>
> Whoops: wrong library.  Humanize is a good one, but not exactly the
> one I was supposed to cite.  I should have cited num2words, which is a
> cardinal number library:
>
>      https://pypi.python.org/pypi/num2words
> .
Thank you but actually whatever number I get from either 1 to 28,
each number represent a property name such as "Reading Railroad",
"Judy Avenue", "Pacific Gas and Electric", etc., etc.

For example:

if x = 1 then print "Mediterranean Avenue"
if x = 2 then print "Baltic Avenue"
if x = 28 then print "Boardwalk"

Yes, I am using the property names from the game, Monopoly. I am
using them in conjunction with of playing a lottery game and using
Python to determine if I won anything from the numbers drawn and
being compared with what numbers I purchased.

Of course, the proper format in Python would be:

if x == "01":
     print "Mediterranean Avenue"
if x == 28:
     print "Boardwalk"