[Tutor] Building Starships -- object of type 'int' has no len()

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Aug 18 07:13:07 CEST 2014

On 17Aug2014 22:40, Terry--gmail <terry.kemmerer at gmail.com> wrote:
>I found another place in Thunderbirdy to set 'plain text'.
>This is a test.

You message is plain text now. Thank you!

>Does the below code look correct now?
>
>--And did I reply correctly this time?  (Reply-All and keep only
>tutor at python.org address...)

Basicly, yes!

This is sometimes a matter for debate.

In personal email I always reply-all (I never use the reply-only-to-author
button), and then (rarely) prune the To/CC list of unwanted recipients.

On a mailing list it is always good to reply to the list unless you're
departing wildly off topic. On some mailing lists it may be acceptable to CC
the author (and possibly other individuals as they accrue in the to/cc lines).

Many people would rather you replied only to the list (reply-all and prune, as
you have done); that is always safe.

Some people prefer or accept replies that go to the list and also to others; by
naming them individually it can make the message more visible in their mailer,
depending on their personal arrangements. For me, for example, a message which
CCs me specificly gets filed to the "python" folder and also my main inbox, so
I will notice it more immediately.

As personal etiquette, these days I: reply-all, then remove everything except
the list address unless there are already extra people in the To/CC.

Some mail programs have a "list-reply" function; I don't think Thunderbird is
one of them.

>for line_number, row in enumerate(catalog2):
>
>for col, item in enumerate(row):
>
>if lens[col] < len(item):
>
>lens[col] = len(item)

The above code has no indentation. Was it indented when you wrote it?

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Having been erased,
The document you're seeking