[Tutor] Storing dictionary value, indexed by key, into a variable

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 5 23:13:47 CEST 2014

On 05/04/14 20:53, John Aten wrote:

> The complete code will follow, but I have a spooky new problem.

Welcome to the world of data driven programming.

Its seductive but brings its own set of challenges.
Structuring the data and how you format it visually
makes a huge difference to your ability to debug.

I don't know why your code gives the error it does
but a few intermediate print statements might help
pinpoint what's happening.

It could be as simple as a missing comma or bracket/brace
somewhere, but you need to be sure the layout it consistent
to spot these kinds of bugs.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site