[Tutor] Learn programming by visualizing code execution

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 4 01:33:33 CEST 2014

On 03/04/14 23:44, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> That's what this site http://pythontutor.com/ claims although I haven't
> tried it myself.  Hopefully it's of some use to all you newbies out
> there :)

Ooh, clever!
I was expecting the code trace on the left but not the graphical data
display on the right. I actually tried to build something similar into
my tutor when I did the V3 update but it got far too complex
(my JavaScript skills are not that good and JQuery was in its
infancy then).

I don't know how good it is as a tutor but the visuals are certainly
slick. Pity I can't see the source code to see how they do it...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site