[Tutor] while loop

Scott Dunning swdunning at me.com
Tue Apr 1 01:22:13 CEST 2014

On Mar 31, 2014, at 5:15 AM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:

> Do you know how to define and initialize a second local variable?
> Create one called i,  with a value zero.
>
> You test expression will not have a literal,  but compare the two
> locals. And the statement that increments will change i,  not
> n.

So like this?
def print_n(s,n):
    i = 0
    while i < n:
        print s,
        i += 1

print_n('a',3)

So this is basically making i bigger by +1 every time the while loop passes until it passes n, then it becomes false right?

Also, with this exercise it’s using a doctest so I don’t actually call the function so I can’t figure out a way to make the string’s print on separate lines without changing the doctest code?

Thanks for all of the help!