[Tutor] Where do I start learning Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 9 11:43:16 CEST 2013

On 08/09/13 21:00, olatunde Adebayo wrote:

> can anyone direct me to where can i get a free python training crash
> course / program anyone with idea.
 > I have one week to learn..is it possible....

It depends on your previous experience but
the official tutorial on the python.org website
is a good place to start if you have programmed
before in another language.

You can easily learn the basics of python in a day.

If you are a beginner to programming as well as
python then you need to start with one of the
non-programmers tutorials listed on the site.
Which one is best will be very subjective.
You need to try a few and see if they work
for your style.

Whichever route you choose feel free to ask
questions here if you get stuck. Please tell us
Which tutorial,
Which python version you use
Which OS
Show us your code and include the full error
message not just a summary.

HTH
--
Alan G