[Tutor] [Python-Help] Please help replace Long place-names with short place-names in many files with Python

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 23:57:59 CEST 2013

Welcome. We are a few volunteers who like to help you when you have
tried something and are stuck.

It is best to post to just one email list. Most of us monitor tutor and
help.

We don't write programs for you. Some of us would be happy to do that
for a consulting fee.

Why Python?

What other programming experience do you have?

Do you know the basics:
   getting a list of filenames in a directory?
   loops?
   opening and reading / writing files?
   searching for strings in larger strings?
   replacing strings?

OMG I just wrote the outline of your program!

Try writing a program to do some of the above then come back with questions.

Start with something simple - process just one file.

Or hire me as a consultant and I will write it for you.

[snip]

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239