[Tutor] Python and memory allocation

#PATHANGI JANARDHANAN JATINSHRAVAN# JATINSHR001 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Thu Oct 24 18:38:42 CEST 2013

Hello All,

    Before starting to learn python, I first learnt C and C++ for a couple of years. In C/C++, the choice to assign memory during compile time or during execution time, i.e. assigning memory from the stack or the heap lay with the programmer right? But in Python, I have only seen examples of using heap memory in programs. Like list.append(x) and so on. So, is there a concept of heap and stack in python or is it abstracted? And does python being an interpreted language have to do anything with this?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie doubt :)