[Tutor] Reading CSV files in Pandas

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 14:07:14 CEST 2013

On 20/10/2013 11:30, Matthew Ngaha wrote:
> Does pandas do the same thing numpy does? I've never used them and
> unsure of what they are about.

Pandas uses numpy, as does many other Python packages.

 From http://pandas.pydata.org/ "pandas is an open source, BSD-licensed
library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data
analysis tools for the Python programming language."

 From http://www.numpy.org/ "NumPy is the fundamental package for
scientific computing with Python. It contains among other things:

a powerful N-dimensional array object
sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
tools for integrating C/C++ and Fortran code
useful linear algebra, Fourier transform, and random number capabilities"

--
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

Mark Lawrence