[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 111, Issue 61

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sun May 19 09:37:36 CEST 2013

> 1) The directory must be somewhere that Python will see it, no different from a single file module. That means, in the current directory, or your PYTHONPATH.

Since Python on Win 7 can already find modules in Lib (and in
site-packages, under Lib) can I assume that it will find any
directories fabricated as mentioned, that are put in Lib or one of its
subdirectories, without doing anything further?

Also, I didn't have a PYTHONPATH so I made one, but are you allowed
multiple directory entries separated by a semicolon, as in the plain
Windows Path?  And just how detailed must PYTHONPATH be? Can it just
be the PYTHON27 and PYTHON33 directories, or does it have to drill
down to Lib or directories beneath that? Since there was no PYTHONPATH
I figured the win path was enough, but I put one in anyway. Or does
Win 7 put something in the registry? (I'm not sure which I dislike
more - IE or the Registry ;')

Jim