[Tutor] Udp socket questio

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 27 00:32:51 CET 2013

On 26/03/13 23:15, Dave Angel wrote:
<cut>

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "socket2.py", line 6, in <module>
>>      import socket       #for sockets
>>    File "/home/phil/Python/socket.py", line 7, in <module>
>>      s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'AF_INET'
>>

> Looks to me like you have your own file socket.py  in /home/phil/Python

Thanks Dave,

I woke up during the early hours of the morning and realised what was
going on. The name of my python file was not the same as the module but
it was prefixed "socket" and than seems to be enough to cause a problem.

The udp client still doesn't do what I want but at least the example
runs without an error.

--
Regards,
Phil