[Tutor] unwanted 'zero' ending

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:49:06 CEST 2013

On 27 June 2013 22:09, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> I'm afraid that you've missed the point, sorry :-)

If I didn't miss points I'd be teaching here instead of learning ;')

Okay, it's now clear that doctests are heavier on the
documentation-you're-going-to-forget-otherwise side, than the testing
side. That's fine and a good idea

But does that mean doctests stay in forever rather than as a test? The
reason I ask is that most of the py programs I've seen, even in the py
distributions, don't have doctests in them - so it doesn't appear to
be a common practice. They have comments, which could easily become
doctests, but use the hashmark. (Actually, I've decided to use triple
quotes at the top of all functions anyway. Why not?)

Jim
--
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
"it means just what I choose it to mean- neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so
many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master-that's all."