[Tutor] sound implementation problems

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 17:43:40 CEST 2013

On 13 June 2013 21:53, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:

> On 06/13/2013 11:55 PM, Jim Mooney wrote:
>
>> Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>

This is for my own convenience on my own machine. As a former webmaster I'm
of course used to idiot-proofing anything released into the wild so it is
usable by everyone on every machine ;')

The script to change directories for PyScripter is a PyScripter startup
file, not a bat file. I meant I needed an additional bat file that would do
the same for MS-DOS. As usual I was marvelously unclear. But anyway, I
figured it out. Here is the batch for starting 2.7 and ensuring its in the
2.7 working directory. Since I'm running 2.7 and 3.3 I just want to make
sure I don't trip over my own feet. I know I could do all this with
virtualenv, but I'd rather a simple hack than all that mess. The two Pys
are now separated in every possible way:

MS batch file py27.bat

python2.7 -i -c "import os;os.chdir('c:/python27/jimprogs');del(os)

--
Jim
A noun is just a verb with the hiccups