[Tutor] Python Conference/Tutorial in the USA - email

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 12:38:57 CEST 2013

On 5 June 2013 00:09, Mike G <msg.ufo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Somehow I still send people an additional email directly, not sure if
> this happened here...?

I set gmail to reply-to-all as the default, but that does introduce
some redundancy so maybe I'll reset it, if I remember. It's 3:30 am
and I have the sitting-at-the-computer-can't-sleep-syndrome ;')

Of course, reply-to-all is because I belong to another group whose
members sometimes send me a personal note when they meant a group
note, so if I just reply no one else sees it. No matter which way I
set email I end up having to do a manual fixup ;')

I also thought reply-to-all was for the mail program, but I think the
problem was it uses the subject line, which gets confused if you
change it. Or that's my theory anyway. I'm so used to web-based boards
that I've forgotten about mailing lists. Not to mention that every
time I send a photo I have to remember to go back to plain text since
gmail "obligingly" remembers my last format instead of allowing a
default.

It's kind of funny I'm learning to automate everything with python but
the lousy email still needs manual fixups.

I think I'll just Append to the subject and see if my reply stays in
the same stream.

Jim