[Tutor] dependencies

Amit Saha amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 03:43:11 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Jim Mooney <cybervigilante at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 July 2013 00:10, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
>
>> So far my impression was that mere mortals like us are well catered with
>>
>> http://www.scipy.org/install.html
>
> The Pyzo editor lets you switch between a py33 and py27 shell right in
> the editor, without any trouble, which is something I've been looking
> for, and others might find of use.

I randomly bumped into Pyzo last week and found it the easiest way to
get a Python 3 environment for Matplotlib (which is what I was looking
for) on Windows. Of course, it supports a bunch of other stuff and I
hadn't yet come across the ability to use different shells. So thanks
for the pointer. I think it's a great resource, especially on Windows.
On Linux, thanks to the packagers, we don't have to worry so much.

Oh, they are planning to use 'conda' as their package manager starting from
their next release. I think this makes it even more attractive.