[Tutor] object size in python is in what units?

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 10:17:18 CEST 2013

On 23 July 2013 00:40, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> No no no, a thousand times no!!! IDs are just numeric IDs, that is all,
> like your social security number or driver's licence number. Don't think of
> them as having any meaning at all, except that they are unique during the
> lifetime of the object.

Okay, ID stands for a location fixed until the object disappears, but we
don't know where that location is. But what about object offsets from self?
Is the beginning of self.spam always the same distance from the beginning
of self.eggs? Or can I just forget the hard ground of assembler-metaphors
entirely as I float off into abstractville? I guess the fixed lengths I
kept getting on re-runs were coincidental but not to be relied on.

--
Jim
An excellent animation/graph of the accelerating disappearance of arctic