[Tutor] Python Lover

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Wed Feb 13 23:39:26 CET 2013

Brajesh wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have just subscribed mailing list to learn python. I am programming in
> java for nearly 8 months, I have developed a strong love towards python
> and want to learn and start making the best use of it. I want to know
> where to from as i know JAVA already so where to start from.
>
> Regards
> Brajesh

Since you are from a Java background, I think it will help
you to read the following articles.

http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-is-not-java.html
And the counter article
http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/java-is-not-python-either.html

I also think Doug Hellman's Module of the Week (MOTW) is an
excellent reference for the standard library.
http://www.doughellmann.com/PyMOTW/index.html

~Ramit