[Tutor] Subprocess communications query

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Dec 10 22:19:34 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:58:16AM +0530, Reuben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There exists two Linux machines A and B. Machine B contains python script
> which needs to be run e.g. Test.py
>
> In order to run that script, machine A needs to telnet into machine B and
> then execute "python Test.py"

Using telnet is not a good idea. Telnet is provably insecure -- it is a
great big security hole. ssh is a better solution for machines which are
on any untrusted network.

> How can this be implemented? Is subprocess library to be used?if yes, an
> example would help

An even better solution would be to use a library like Pyro or rpyc for
executing remote procedure calls.

https://wiki.python.org/moin/DistributedProgramming

I strongly recommend you use an existing solution rather than hack
together your own.

--
Steven