[Tutor] python tutoring

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com.dmarc.invalid
Tue Aug 20 16:52:21 CEST 2013

Fowler, Trent wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Not long ago I came across the website of a professional programmer offering python tutoring services:
>
> http://www.jeffknupp.com/python-tutoring/
>
> I have attempted to contact him because I am interested but I've been unable to get in touch.  I was
> wondering if anyone knew of people offering similar services.  I am a self-starter and highly
> motivated, but I live in a small town in South Korea and I don't have any friends who program.  Since
> I also don't have a computer science background and python is my first language, I really need someone
> who can help me with the beginning stages.  Often times when I run into a problem not only do I not
> know how to solve it, I don't even know how to ask the questions that will help someone else solve it.
>
> I don't want to be spoon-fed, just gently nudged and guided.  I'm on a budget but I'd be willing to
> pay for a good teacher.  Preliminary googling has turned up precious little, so I thought someone here
> might be able to point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Trent.

Why not just post your questions on here? I mean, that *is* the purpose
of this list. There are some very excellent tutors on here which has
the advantage of not being limited to only one tutor's level of experience.
Not to mention it is free. :)

I would recommend reading http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html,
posting in plain text and bottom or in-line posting.

In general, try and reduce the amount of code to the smallest example you can.
Provide Python version, operating system, code, input, expected output,
actual output, and any exceptions with full trace (copy and paste the full
message, not paraphrasing or retyping).

Ramit

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.