[Tutor] http.server -- stuck at binding [windows8]

Chris Down chris at chrisdown.name
Mon Aug 19 12:05:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 2013-08-18 10:40, shanmukhateja at gmail.com wrote:
> I am developing a simple http media streamer with the help of simple http
> server of http.server and I have a problem in binding the server. I get the
> “the address is not valid in it’s content error” and I KNOW that it can be
> solved by socket.INADDR_ANY but the problem is my router has assigned me
> 192.168.1.*** and my ISP has given me a ip like 119.*.*.* which is causing
> the problem.. I find this 119.*.*.* IP nowhere in ipconfig [neither with the
> /all flag]

Your problem is that your computer is behind a NAT provided by your router.
Essentially, to provide access to multiple devices on your network while still
only using a single external IP address, your router uses network(s) that are
private to your LAN and then attempts to map calls from the outside to IPs on
the inside.

The usual way to handle it would be to bind to your local WAN-facing interface
and then port forward on your router, however this is off-topic for this list.
This is fairly facile though, if you google for "port forward" and your router
model, you should find instructions on how to do so.

Best,

Chris