[Tutor] Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 16 02:30:34 CEST 2013

On 13/08/13 23:38, Jake Wohldmann wrote:
> Hello I am a beginner to using any type of script.  How long does it
> take to become fluent at a script?

It depends on what you mean by Fluent.

I've spent 40+ years programming and am still learning.
OTOH I can usually learn enough about a new language to
start using it in a day.

Its like learning a musical instrument. You can bang
out a few chords and play a recognizable melody pretty
quickly. To be a maestro takes a lifetime.

Learn the basics then pick a project and go for it.
The more hands on you can get the better.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site