[Tutor] File not found error, but it is in the folder!

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 19:59:23 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
> My preference is to use absolute directories for every reference, in which
> case you'd use something like
>     ...open(os.path.join(directory, i), ...

+1

> With of course a better name than 'i', which is traditionally an integer.
> (since 1967, anyway)

At least 1958. I'm not familiar with pre-77 FORTRAN, but I found an
old manual for FORTRAN II on UNIVAC systems, written by Knuth in 1962.
 It states that any variable name starting with the letters I through
N is implicitly typed integer; otherwise it's implicitly a float.
FORTRAN 77 introduced "IMPLICIT NONE" to disable this feature.