[Tutor] Flip a coin

Najam Us Saqib ausnajm at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 9 13:50:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

This program is killing me, I have been working on it for last 3 hours, I have tried my best but can't make it work, please help me out.

The Problem:

Create a program that flips a coin 100 times and than tells you the number of tails and heads.

My code:

# Flip a coin

import random

flip_coin = 100
head = ""
tail = ""
n_head = 0
n_tail = 0
the_num = (raw_input("Press enter key to flip the coin!"))

#raw_input("Please Flip the Coin")

while flip_coin != 100:
    flip_coin = random.randrange(100) +1
    if flip_coin <= 50:

     print "head"

    else:
     print "tail"

    the_num = (raw_input("Press Enter to flip the coin"))
    n_head += 1
    n_tail += 1

print "The total numbers of heads are" ,n_head
print "The total numbers of tails are" ,n_tail

raw_input("\n\nPress the enter key to exit, thank you")

Thank you very much, looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Najam.