[Tutor] Classes in multiple files - code included

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 4 09:51:02 CEST 2013

On 04/04/13 16:58, Peter Otten wrote:
> Phil wrote:
>
>> I think I must be very close now so I'll post just the code that I think
>> is relevant.
>>
>> This the main window class:
>
>> import satListDialog
>
> Here you are importing the module "satListDialog"
>
>> class MainWindow(QMainWindow, Ui_MainWindow):
>>
>> This is the function to show the dialog;
>>
>>      def on_actionList_triggered(self):
>>
>>          self.dialog = Ui_satListDialog.SatelliteListDialog()
>>          self.dialog.show()
>
> and here you are referring to the module "Ui_satListDialog". I'd guess that
> should be
>
>          self.dialog = satListDialog.SatelliteListDialog()
>
> instead.

Thanks Peter,

This one of those times when I wish I could cancel a question. I
discovered the answer, mostly through trial and error, a couple of hours
ago. I had also accidentally commented out a line in the dialog class.
Anyway, I've made some headway with PyQt today.

By the way, I notice that it can take several hours for my postings to
appear on the list. Possibly due to moderation?

--
Regards,
Phil