[Tutor] argparse iterable

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Apr 2 11:48:17 CEST 2013

On 04/01/2013 10:34 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 02/04/2013 02:37, Dave Angel wrote:
>> On 04/01/2013 09:31 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>>
>>> for a in vars(parser.parse_args()):
>>>      print('This arg is %s' % a)
>>>
>>> http://docs.python.org/3/library/argparse.html#the-namespace-object
>>>
>>> Please don't ask me for an explanation as it took me long enough to work
>>> this out from the docs :)
>>>

>> http://docs.python.org/2/library/argparse.html
>>
>>      see section 15.4.4.6 for a very brief explanation of vars()
>>

> Section 15.4.4.6. The Namespace object, but I can't for the life of me
> remember what my link referred to :)

Whoops, sorry.  I didn't notice your link was equivalent to (better
than) mine.  I had worked it out before your message showed up, then
abandoned all of my message except for the link.

BTW, can you tell me how you get the #the-namespace-object part of your
link?  Is there some technique (without actually looking in the source
code for the page) for finding the nearest id= ?  I've now figured out
how to do it for pages like this one with a TOC, but is there a more
general way?

For others like me:
If there's a TOC (table of contents) for a page, you can right-click on
the link to the particular section of the page, and COPY it to the
clipboard.  It'll then have the form like:
   http://docs.python.org/3/library/argparse.html#the-namespace-object

where the last field specifies the particular section of the page desired.

--
DaveA