[Tutor] Help

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Sep 21 04:15:33 CEST 2012

On 21/09/12 08:54, Prasad, Ramit wrote:
> People on this list are not all receiving this via email.

They're not? How else can you receive this? Unlike the main python-list,
this isn't (as far as I know) mirrored on Usenet.

I wonder under what circumstances people could read this email without
seeing any attachments.

> It is
> recommended that you post 1. plain text (instead of Rich Text or HTML)

Agreed.

> 2. Just include the code directly in the email if it is short (which this
> is)

Agreed.

>or post to a website like pastebin for large samples.

Not agreed. Pastebins expire, or their websites disappear. In three
months or three years, code pasted to a bin will probably no longer exist
and nobody reading this thread via the web archives will have any clue
what is being talked about.

Also, some people will be reading this thread via email but be behind a
firewall that limits their access to the web so that they cannot reach
the pastebin.

--
Steven