[Tutor] python wifi

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:06:17 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Sales <sales at myspcworks.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to install python wifi using easy install. I have python27 and working on mac os. from a shell I'm running:
>
> easy_install python_wifi-0.5.0-py2.5.egg

The "py2.5" in the file name suggests that you're trying to install a
version of this code that was compiled for python 2.5.  If you're
using python 2.7, as you say, that isn't going to work.  Also, the
project's homepage on the cheeseshop says "Python WiFi is a Python
module that provides read and write access to a wireless network
card's capabilities using the Linux Wireless Extensions".

Does Mac OS X support the Linux Wireless Extensions?  If not, I don't
think this package is going to be of any help to you at all.

--
Jerry