[Tutor] Teaching an 8-year-old programming.

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:16:46 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Robert Sjoblom
<robert.sjoblom at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Snake wrangling for kids" is pretty good for teaching Python; it's
> also free (which is a bonus):
> http://www.briggs.net.nz/snake-wrangling-for-kids.html

Thanks everyone for all of the good suggestions! After spending most
of the day looking at them I think that (for us) "Snake Wrangling for
Kids" is the winner. It is a very readable book that I think Jeremy
will be able to follow. It also incorporates the suggestions of Bill
and Alan in using Turtle Graphics, which I think (after playing with
it myself today) is pretty cool. Now I just have to get Jeremy some
updated hardware, so that he can both connect to the Internet and run
Python 3. This is an obvious opportunity to convince my wife to allow
me to update "my" hardware, so that both she and Jeremy can update
theirs.

--
Cheers!
boB