[Tutor] Embed python in a website

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri May 4 01:21:02 CEST 2012

On 03/05/12 23:56, Emile van Sebille wrote:

>> I recently created a gui form using tkinter, is it possible to
>> integrate this form to my website page? How do i integrate?
>
> pyjs aka pyjamas allows you to write once and run on both web and
> desktop. I'd start there.

I don't think pyjs can do Tkinter though. You have to use
the pyjs widgets. Also if you are using any non Python modules
you might have to do some mixed mode design.

If you built the Tk app properly (with separation of logic
and presentation) it shouldn't be too hard to refactor
it to be viable to display on both but I don't think
there is a way to do Tk apps on the web without significant
change.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site