[Tutor] New to this list ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 30 19:27:16 CEST 2012

On 30/03/12 17:58, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> The recipe here
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/410692-readable-switch-construction-without-lambdas-or-di/
>
> refers to several other recipes which you might want to take a look
> at, sorry I meant to mention this earlier.

Oh, that's neat.  Not worth putting into my little project, but I've
bookmarked that on for when I need a lot of cases.  It also shows how to
define a class - that was something I had wondered about, but not yet
tackled.

I'm really grateful for the answers I have received.  It will take me a
while to get my head around some of the less obvious code fragment that
folk have kindly posted, but I will play around with all of them in due
course.  Already the code I am playing with has shrunk to about half the
number of lines it was before I joined this list and I'm even more than
ever impressed with the language.  I also like the fact that it can be
played with as an interpreted language.  Compiling and debugging c code
could be a pain at times.  In Python, a few print statements together
with the syntax error messages from the interpreter make it very easy to
see what's happening.

Kind regards,        Barry.

--
 From Barry Drake - a member of the Ubuntu advertising team.