[Tutor] number of mismatches in a string

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 3 00:22:59 CET 2012

On 02/03/12 19:11, Hs Hs wrote:

> 1. I have to count how many A or T or G or C (believe me only these 4
> letters will appear in this, i will not see Z or B or K etc)

This suggests to me that its related to chromosome analysis or somesuch?

There are some python libraries for biochemistry work.
Maybe you should Google for that and see if there is something
already out there that can do what you want?

Your explanation doesn't really make sense to me outside that context
and, since I'm not a biologist, it doesn't mean that much in that
context either!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site