[Tutor] Flatten a list in tuples and remove doubles

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 29 15:16:37 CEST 2012

On 29/07/12 12:21, Peter Otten wrote:

>>> plenty modules I haven't explored yet - and I must admit itertools
>>> is one that I really should get to grips with...

>> You're nuts :)  Itertools to me is the Swiss Army Knife
>
> If you don't have to deal with large datasets many of its functions can
> easily be emulated with lists and loops though.

Exactly. and if I deal with large data its usually in a SQL database and
I can use SQL to do the hard work. So the groupby type functions are for
me a SQL feature.

But I know thee itertools has a lot of powerful stuff in it, I just
haven't had a big enough itch to investige it yet. :-)

And at the moment I'm immersing myself in JQuery so it will be a while
before itertools gets a look in!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site