[Tutor] Return to my python26.dll & python.dll problems on bootup

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 7 23:13:34 CET 2012

You are right about posting here, but I was hoping someone might have
related to the problem. I went to the WinAmp forum for help. But who
would have guessed that WinAmp would have provided a program not ready
for prime time, and nothing buy an advertisement to get you to buy the
latest drivers for your PC.  Lesson learned.  Someone on their forum
suggested hijackthis.log, which will fix a registry.  Five stars by
CNET, but it may not be quite free.  Ah, I just got through to uniblue's
tech support by mail.

As an aside, I've noticed that a lot of downloadable freebies have pages
that are thick  with other $ products advertising. Once you get through
several pages of them, you then find the download.

On 1/5/2012 10:25 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Wayne Watson wrote:
>>   I have two problems upon bootup of my Win7 PC, 64-bit.
>
> Wayne, I sympathize with your problems, but they are Windows problems,
> not Python problems, and have absolutely nothing to do with learning
> to program Python. You are spamming this mailing list with off-topic
> questions about fixing your Windows system. This list is about
> learning Python programming, not "we'll fix any problem that has some
> vague connection to Python, no matter how slight". Have you tried
> asking for help on Windows-related forums or mailing lists?
>
> It has been many years since I've used Windows regularly, but I can
> tell you this: you don't do yourself any favours by installing and
> uninstalling programs under Windows. I know it is less than helpful,
> but my advice is *never* install any program you aren't sure you will
> want to keep, because uninstalling always leaves traces of crud
> behind, eventually leading to exactly the sorts of problems you are
> experiencing.

                      CE 1955 October 20 07:53:32.6 UT
                     -- "The Date" The mystery unfolds.

                     Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>