[Tutor] Using Python for a client interactive map application

James Reynolds eire1130 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:04:19 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Alexander <rhettnaxel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
> I'm emailing regarding a general question about working with Python and a
> web-browser based interactive map application. Over the summer I had asked
> a similar question and heard some things about the Django framework, does
> anybody have any other suggestions? For example there is a server with all
> the info about a map, and from a browser a user will be able to view and
> interact with the map at high speeds.
> And please remember to reply to all.
> Thanks,
> --
> Alexander
> 7D9C597B

Django will (most likely) do what it is you want it to do, but you will
also need some javascript. For my current project, I'm using JQuery, but I
happen to know that Dojo has an interactive
map<http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.7.1/dojo-release-1.7.1/dojox/geo/charting/tests/test_mapWithLegend.html>feature
in their toolset, so I would check that out dojo.