[Tutor] Reading/dealing/matching with truly huge (ascii) files

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:54:13 CET 2012

Hi Elaina,

On 22 February 2012 05:44, Elaina Ann Hyde <elainahyde at gmail.com> wrote:
> #select the value if it is very, very, very close
>                 if i != j and Radeg[i] <= (Radeg2[j]+0.000001) and Radeg[i]

Alan's pretty much said what I was thinking, but I have an additional
question/concern:  Why do you include the i != j condition in your if
statement?   This is saying that you never want to compare entries
from the 2 files if they're on the same row number?  Is that actually
intentional and correct or not?  (It seems somehow wrong to me since
you've not said anything about it in your post, and everything else
suggests you're comparing only the data values to select your output
records...)

Walter