[Tutor] Runtime error while Test data creation

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Fri Oct 7 23:54:07 CEST 2011

From: tutor-bounces+ramit.prasad=jpmorgan.com at python.org [mailto:tutor-bounces+ramit.prasad=jpmorgan.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Guess?!?
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 4:32 PM
To: bob gailer
Cc: tutor at python.org
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Runtime error while Test data creation

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the suggestions. There is no traceback/stacktrace errors that I can see (may be there is a file that is generated in python or windows directory due to run time failure but I am not able to locate it. Please let me know if you know).

The run time error pops up in a windows dialog box with a text I wrote below in my first email and closing the dialog box closes the IDLE GUI python.

Thanks,

I would change those print statements to write to file (each record should be one line) instead. Be sure to append the file and not overwrite and close the file before each insert statement. Then you can see how far it gets and try to insert the last row again to see if it is a user error. Otherwise I would think it is possibly a connection/memory issue. Try running the code with 1 row first and then increase the number of rows being written.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423