[Tutor] going big (in terms of code base)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 15 02:26:16 CET 2011

On 15/11/11 01:01, Rance Hall wrote:

> I think perhaps we are talking past each other here.  I'm thinking a
> sort of skeleton directory that already has the basic code to create a
> basic main window, with a menubar and status message box at the
> bottom.  That includes basic functions of db connectivity.  Sort of
> like a template in a larger IDE.

And thats exactly where OOP comes in because you can easily create a
class that has that structure. Then you just create new applications as
a subclass of your template. Then add the extras that this particular
instance needs (menu items, window controls etc). Finally provide the
event handlers to link it to your business logic/objects.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site