[Tutor] Progress Bar

Nikunj Badjatya nikunjbadjatya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 16:42:06 CET 2011

Hi All,

 I am writing an installer in Python and Powershell which will be used to
install Virtual Machines at specific locations.
The main script is in Python and main.py inturn calls Powershell scripts
(.PS1).
It is complete console based and no gui.
I am using Python 2.7

 I was thinking to have a progress bar in my installer. similar to the way
when we install something in linux via console and a progress bar comes as

 etc.

 I also saw and ran couple of examples based in Python on the net.
http://code.google.com/p/python-progressbar/source/browse/examples.py

 My question is, How do I integrate it with Powershell scripts.?

I am using popen() to run powershell scripts.