[Tutor] Python Interview Questions..

col speed ajarncolin at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:41:24 CEST 2011

On 27 May 2011 17:31, Walter Prins <wprins at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find this thread very interesting.

I've been learning Python on and off for the past 3 years, as a hobby.
I am over 50 years old, so will never be a programmer. However:

1/ I've done a bit in Project Euler and have found many algorithms to get
prime numbers. There is one that is 10 times faster than any other that I
have found, it uses numpy. Unfortunately, I don't understand it at all.
However,  neither would I understand Python's sort method, but I still use
it.

2/ I used be able to take a car to pieces and put it back together. Today, I
wouldn't stand a chance.

I suppose that what I'm trying to say is that there will always be a need
for "experts" that know different OS's and how a computer works inside, and
there will also be a need for coders who code a programme that is needed at
a certain time.

Is there really a time that knowing that "list" is interpreted as
"10010001000100010010000100010010" is important these days?

Please flame me