[Tutor] Making a script part of the terminal

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri May 20 23:51:36 CEST 2011

"michael scott" <jigenbakuda at yahoo.com> wrote

> say, how do I install a program to my computer, so that
> I can use it by its self without running it with python.

Just to be clear, Python programs are interpreted by
the Python interpreter. So while you can set things up
such that you don't need to explicitly cakll Pyhon,
it will always be there in the background. And if
you try to run your script on a machine that
doesn't have Python installed it will fail.

You probably knew that already but I just want to
set your expectations...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site