[Tutor] RuntimeError: file does not exist

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu May 19 20:05:25 CEST 2011

"Susana Iraiis Delgado Rodriguez" <susana.delgado_s at utzmg.edu.mx>
wrote

> Well, I tried this code in other computer and it worked just fine.

> But when I run the module in my computer it throws many errors,

So what is different between the computers?
What are the respective OS versions and Python versions?

How exactly are you running the code on each
computer - double click in exporer, from IDLE,  from the command line?

Its hard to tell what the problem is from your description.

> lyr.datasource = mapnik.Shapefile(base=ruta,file=archivo[0]), it
> shows
> Python Runtime Error: wrong file code: -1991225785

But that looks odd, possibly a problem with the python script file
itself?

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site