[Tutor] Nodes and Queues?

Patrick Sabin patrick.just4fun at gmail.com
Wed May 11 14:14:03 CEST 2011

A queue is a data structure, which keeps track of multiple objects. You
can add data to a queue or you can remove it. When you remove an object
from a queue you get the element which you have added first. Therefore,
it is also called FIFO (First In First Out). A basic implementation
could look like this:

class Queue:
	def __init__(self):
		self.items = []

	def add(self, obj):
		self.items.append(obj)

	def remove(self):
		self.items.pop(0)

Nodes are used in multiple contexts, but usually refer to objects which
have child objects.

--
Patrick