[Tutor] Lists

Piotr Kamiński piotr-kam at o2.pl
Fri Jun 10 23:53:37 CEST 2011

Dnia 10-06-2011 o 22:00:46 Corey Richardson <kb1pkl at aim.com> napisał(a):

> On 06/10/2011 03:12 PM, Piotr Kamiński wrote:
>> Could you please refrain from presenting your *religious* convictions
>> in this list: the notions you believe in as well as the ones that you
>> believe are false?
>>
>> This is a *technical* list, as I understand it, solely dedicated to
>> the technical side of teaching the *Python* programming language and
>> *programming* in general. I would like to keep it this way and I
>> believe there are many persons or at least a number of people
>> constituting a minority (or, likely, a silent majority) sharing my
>> views in this respect.
>>
>> What is more, I am profoundly convinced that there are many other
>> mailing lists and/or sites on the Internet, specifically dedicated to
>> debating various religious, worldview and philosophical issues.
>>

> You should have stopped here. Or, even better, just not written at all.
> It's the internet, does someone else's world religious really matter so
> much that you write a lengthy response to the whole list (which should
> be focused on python, as you mentioned)?

I know it's the Internet and I also use my right to express my opinions
about somebody's short (or lengthy) views that I think of as *unfounded
and offensive*. You obviously cannot imagine - living in a
non-totalitarian, non-(post)communist country - that someone else's "world
religious" really matters so much that one writes a lengthy response (is
the property of being lengthy, a crime or too much of a burden on
someone's (uninterested in religious, social and political philosophy and
practice?) mind?).

Please note that very short, catchy, one-sentence-long or so phrases
*unsupported with* any thorough, *factual arguments* are commonly used to
create groundless *impressions* in their receivers/consumers and,
effectively, manipulate people into thinking and behaving in a way that a
given person or a group of people want.

For your information, such a piece of information creating some false
impressions instead of giving true, supported with solid arguments
information is technically known as a *factoid* (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factoid ): "...The word is defined by the
Compact Oxford English Dictionary as "an item of **unreliable
information** that is **repeated so often** that it becomes **accepted as
fact**". - the double stars were added by me. So you can see that a "good"
factoid is almost never "lengthy" so that *most* people listening/watching
to it get the point conveyed and do not get bored too quickly "or
something"...

I am aware of the above facts, so I am loudly protesting against Steven's
verbal and conceptual behaviour. You don't have to agree with me. I
realise that I use "big" words but that's something to get used to, if you
want to talk precisely about the discussed matters.

If you are a teenager or an adult uninterested in talking/reading about
religion or politics, you can of course skip the thread or my posts. There
is no obligation to read them and my intent was not to *unconditionally*
close, or to demand doing so, Steven's or somebody else's mouth and not to
talk about Christianity at all.

I have said what I have had to say on this topic; I will not comment on
the the thread any more.

Good luck with learning and teaching Python and the basics of programming,
everybody.

>> ---
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> That is my outlook on religious and ideological matters. I have
>> wanted it to be known, so I have mentioned it *once* (Steven provoked
>> my response). I do not intend to remind you repeatedly how I despise
>> the genocidal totalitarian Left (e.g. that starved to death *5 - 6
>> million people* in Ukraine in 1932 - 1933 (
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor )) or pseudo liberal leftist
>> denominations. If I ever feel a need for that, I can easily find a
>> dedicated Internet forum and express my views in this thematic scope.
>> I am quite sure nobody needs my repeated ideological propaganda *in
>> this mailing list*; let me know if I am wrong...
>>

> A wise man once said,

"A wise man" also once said "repeatedly". That strictly means more than
once, and also exactly speaking: in different threads and on different
dates...