[Tutor] broken script - curiouser and curiouser

Michael M Mason Michael at shamirlens.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 16:42:12 CEST 2011

Michael M Mason wrote on 07 July 2011 at 15:38:-
> > In error, I downloaded ex26 before I had done ex25.  So I left
> > it and did ex25.
> >
> > Having finally given up on ex25, I am now doing ex26.  And guess
> > what?!  Line 10 has a missing colon.
> >
> > So _how_ did a missing colon in ex26 cause problems in ex25????
>
> Maybe you've been editing ex25 and then executing ex26. That'd get you
> the same error in the same place over and over again.

Looks like this might be it. In your earlier post the error reported is in ex26:-

: lisi at Tux:~/Python/LearnPythonTheHardWay$ python ex26.py
:   File "ex26.py", line 10
:     def print_first_word(words)
: SyntaxError: invalid syntax
: lisi at Tux:~/Python/LearnPythonTheHardWay$

--
Michael

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.