[Tutor] Exercise suggestions

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 23:55:19 CET 2011

> [...] I'm finding that I
> understand concepts, but have no real way to implement them.
>
> So now my problem emerges... can anyone give me suggestions of exercises I
> should do to help improve  my knowledge of what I can "actually" do with the
> concepts I have.

michael,

first of all, welcome to Python! a couple of suggestions...

1) the best thing to do is to "scratch an itch" now that you know how
to code. what is an app that would really benefit you on a daily (or
weekly) basis? it can be anything. for me, i've created small apps to:
a) validate the syntax of a Python script, b) create PowerPoint files
on the fly based on a plain text file (because i didn't want to edit
slides in PowerPoint anymore), etc.

2) if you happen to have my book, i put in numerous exercises at the
end of every chapter to complement the reading and to enforce that you
did pick up on the material within that and previous chapters. i've
gotten good feedback from readers who say that they were really useful
in hammering home the concepts.

good luck!
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.chun : wescpy-gmail.com : @wescpy
http://cyberwebconsulting.com