[Tutor] question about manipulate images!

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Mon Jan 17 19:47:48 CET 2011

On 01/17/2011 10:34 AM, zhengqing gan wrote:
> Hi,
>    Thanks for the reply.
>    But I found that there are some website which can convert images
> into iphone icon style images, there should be an kind of algorithm to
> manipulate.
>    Thanks!
>

>From playing with
http://wizardtoolkit.com/shooter/iPhone-Icon-Generator, it appears all
that needs to be done is add a semi- or completely-transparent ovalish
blob on the top, and possibly a metallic looking frame. While I'm sure
you could take the (probably) tens to hundreds of hours finding a
mathematical formula to define that, you can probably just whip up some
semi-transparent blobs in GIMP/Photoshop/what-have-you and a metallic
frame. Then you can use PIL to combine them. Try:
http://python-forum.com/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&start=0
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3374878/with-the-python-imaging-library-pil-how-does-one-compose-an-image-with-an-alph

~Corey