[Tutor] Python + Sound

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Sun Feb 13 04:01:17 CET 2011

On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, David Hutto wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:43 AM, Alan Gauld<alan.gauld at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>>
>> "David Hutto"<smokefloat at gmail.com>  wrote
>>
>>> and what is sound, electromagnetically transmitted, then turned into
>>> ones and zeroes.
>>
>> Just to be picky sound is mechanical waves not electromagnetic.
>> The ear is primarily a mechanical device.
>
> I meant after your voice speaks(sound waves to em), and before it
> vibrates the speaker(em to sound).

You're skipping a few steps, but unless you're using a cordless radio
microphone, there's no em between your voice and the speaker.

Radio waves, as well as light, are electromagnetic.  Sound is very
different, and so is the electrical signal produced by a microphone.

In any case, none of your responses corresponded to the OP's query.

DaveA