[Tutor] Help with OCR

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 7 09:55:18 CET 2011

"Sriram Jaju" <ramjaju.mail at gmail.com> wrote

> I'm new to python. I'm doing a project on OCR (Optical Character
> Recognition), I've heard a lot about Python so i want to know
> whether i can
> use python for OCR.

That depends a lot on the environment. What OS will you be using?
What are you doing exactly? Are you actually reading the characters
optically or are you taking a feed from an OCR device? Are you
processing a scanned image?

> If yes what are the tool require for that?.

It depends on the above indformation.

> My another doubt is that, can i use python for programming
> microcontrollers

Not normally, but if you can find a program that can program
the microcontroller you might be able to drive it from Python.
Or if the micro has an interface that can be driven from, for example,
a serial port you may be able to do something.

We can't give specific answers without a lot more specific
information.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site